The G. Verdi Institute of Music in Asti is a music school with programs ranging from childhood to adulthood, specializing in the teaching of classical, modern and jazz instruments.
When started working on this existing website, there was no connection between the pages and the content. The elements applied in the previous version were those provided by the chosen template and did not express the concepts that the Institute wanted to communicate, moreover they were not personalized.
There was no brand identity between printed and virtual images and it was necessary to maintain the same structure used for other institutional websites belonged to the same corporation.
The existing pages on the previous version were all different one to another, to obtain an appearance of cohesion, is created a unique responsive structure:
- under the header is placed a colored image (variable based on the content of the page), with a size that allow consultation of the entire page without having to use scroll bars on screens and optimized for mobile;
- in the content, at the bottom of each page is placed the button with the call to action (Contact Us) before the footer.
In the subcategories (posts):
- the picture has the same feature but is in black and white, to be distinguished as different from pages;
- the text is better organized for easier reading and for every course is possible to download the academic plan;
- if the text is too long, are placed multiple call to action in between topics.
In addiction are placed breadcrumbs under every page title.
The Courses page is completely modified, while initially it was composed of a single long text, with a bulleted list, now is replaced with icons and titles, making the user interface lean ad light optimized for mobile. Separate posts are made for each category in which the text is arranged for quicker reading.
The page dedicated to teachers is gather under category, so that it is immediately visible which Maestro is associated with a particular subject or instrument, by clicking on each picture, the user can access to the relevant curriculum, where are inserted external and internal links like personal websites, social pages and youtube videos.
Added upon request: an events calendar, a blog page with the list of events in the school, a contact form.
For two years I personally followed the writing of articles, insertion of events in the calendar and took care of recovering or taking custom images and relate processing with Photoshop when needed.
Based on the analysis of WordPress, the engagement on the website increases and the call to action buttons are used regularly to fill in the contact form and browse the pages of courses, curriculum vitae and blog events. Following the success of the website we proceed with the creation of a Facebook page managed by me (contents and posting) and the site information on Google Maps.